Setup and Preparation
Create required keys and tokens for embedding.
- Visit the Zing console and click on Organizations.
- The organization that has embeds enabled will have a “Pro” badge.
- Click on Settings for the organization and click on the Embeds tab.
- Generate an API key for your organization (E.g.:
- This API key will be used to authorize the organization for embedded charts/tables.
- Along with the API key, an embed secret will be generated for you which will be used to create an immutable signed URL for your embeds.
- Make sure you don’t expose the API Key or the Embed Secret publicly as this will be used to authenticate your organization.
- Admins of the organization will have the ability to create multiple API keys per organization and activate/deactivate an API key anytime.
- Create your questions on the Zing Web App or Mobile App.
- To generate an embed ID for a question, click on the three dot menu for a saved question and click on Embed Options.
- All questions embed IDs were generated for, will appear under the Embeds tab on the organization page of the Zing console.
- Embed IDs can be enabled and disabled when required.