What is Zing?
Zing Data is a data analysis and collaboration platform, with native apps on iOS, Android, and the web. It lets you query data visually in seconds, use natural language to ask questions, and set up real-time alerts so you’d the first to know when data changes.
Why do I want it?
Zing makes it possible to empower everybody in your organization to do data analysis from anywhere – no SQL, desktop, or expensive license required.
Free for teams up to ten people (on the basic plan), and collaborative by design, Zing automatically handles the hard stuff – like visualization settings, long running queries, authentication, and more to make using data easier than ever.
People today spend more than four hours a day on their phones, including for getting work done but data tools haven’t kept up…until now.
What is it good for?
- Fast, intuitive, easy data analysis of any SQL dataset.
- Visualizing data.
- Querying data with natural language or dictation using OpenAI
- Getting real-time push and email alerts when data meets a condition you specify.
- Creating live dashboards for internal use, to be shared with partners, or publicly
- Sorting and filtering data to glean insights.
- Asking questions using natural language, tapping visually, or custom SQL.
- Sharing data results with your team.
- Making a graph to drop into a Slack thread or presentation on the go.
- Exporting a CSV file for deeper analysis.
- Seeing the data questions your colleagues are asking.
- Checking the latest data about your customers or users.
What is it not good for?
- Extremely complex data-science use cases such as building machine learning models from your phone
- Cross data-source joins (you’ll want to unify these in your data warehouse first), though you can easily do same-source joins within Zing
Where should I go next?
Get started with Zing here - its free!
- Getting Started: Get started with Zing